Coordinator: Karen Hamilton
Council Rep: Connie Juaire
Members: Karen Brohaugh, Mary Jo Clemons. Karen Hamilton, Connie Juaire, Betty Lou Oppegard, Karen Rodewald, Susie Rudesill and Mary Thompson.
The mission of the Membership & Congregational Life ministry is to provide opportunities for conversation, connection and fellowship for everyone through gatherings large and small. It is through such connections that we build a stronger congregation. The committee provides leadership in planning those major life events in the church such as welcoming new members, as well as celebrating baptism, confirmation and graduation.
Here is a list of some of the events and social gatherings that were organized by the Membership and Congregational Life Ministry Team in the past:
- Burning of the greens
- Lenten soup suppers
- New member brunch
- Family night at one of HOPE’s softball games
- Rally Sunday Event – meal & activities
- Quillows for high school graduates
- Daytime and evening book clubs
- College care packages at Christmas
- Christmas bake sale
- Food for Jazz & More
- Notes to visitors of HOPE
- Outdoor worship services at various locations
- Baptism support
- Food preparation for Community Connects
- Hope’s Got Talent
- We are always eager to hear from others with ideas and suggestions, as well as to participate in planning and organizing the various events and activities.